You've all seen the photos of Christmas and Easter past with the horribly-awfully scary Santas and Easter bunnies next to a screaming, anxiety-filled Kendall. I drove with fingers crossed all the way to the mall hoping this was the year Kendall would see the same jolly, generous guy in red everyone else sees, and not the big, hairy monster she's seen in the past. It was definitely just as intense as before: clenched muscles, buried face in mom's shoulder, "no mama, no". This year was a little different, however. Santa scooted way to the left of the big green chair and offered the far, right corner to Kendall. With a little force from Mom, she agreed to sit and "cheese" for the camera with no tears. Of course, the blanky was not optional.
Honestly, I felt sorry for the camera lady, how do you center a picture like this??? No matter what you do, it's going to look like the photographer was intoxicated when they took it.
I love this picture. I didn't think a screaming kid and a smiling Santa could be topped, but I was wrong.

As you can see, Max is extremely relieved to have been able to give his requests directly to Santa. I don't think he really believed Freddy the elf would do the job right.
No comments:
Post a Comment