
Our 5th grade brainiac was chosen to compete in the annual Bentwood Elementary Geography Bee this year. Before the competition even began, Adrienne had the unlucky pleasure of going FIRST! Each contestant was asked seven world geography questions, one for each round. On one of the latter questions when asked to name the country, Adrienne appeared to be a little unsure of the correct response. As the time limit had almost expired, she blurted out, "Turkey????". Ready to return to her seat, disappointed that it was a question she did not know the answer to, the announcer said, "That is correct!" Everyone in the gym found it quite amusing. Afterward, Kevin asked Adrienne what she was thinking after hearing the question, and Adrienne replied, "I was thinking about Thanksgiving and how we ate turkey, then I remembered that Turkey was a country, so I said Turkey."
Adrienne did an awesome job! She answered four of the very tough seven questions correctly. It wasn't quite enough to send her to the Regional Bee, but we were very impressed and very proud nonetheless.
No comments:
Post a Comment